Employee Privacy Notice
The Company is committed to protecting information that it collects from its Employees and use for employment-related purposes. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the Company’s practices regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
This Notice applies to Employees only.
- Information we collect
The Company may collect the following categories of personal information about Employees:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, suffix, alias, postal address, unique identification numbers (e.g., eID, mcID, Employee ID, System ID), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name(s) or handle(s), social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, user names and passwords (whether assigned by McDonald’s or selected by you) and any other similar identifiers.
(B) Additional types of information that may identify, relate to, describe, or be capable of being associated with particular individuals, including, the “identifiers” listed in the preceding bullet point (A), and the following: date of birth, marital status, birth or marriage certificates, nationality, signature, physical characteristics or description (e.g., photographs), address, home and mobile telephone numbers, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, vehicle registration and plate information, driving history, education, employment, employment history, bank account information or any other financial information, medical information and health insurance information.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, medical conditions, disability status, information on physical limitations, special needs and other medical or health-related workplace accommodations, military and/or veteran status, residency, work permit status, age, and where permitted by law and proportionate in view of the function to be carried out by an Employee, the results of credit and criminal background checks, and drug and alcohol testing results.
(D) Biometric information, including fingerprint and fingerprint templates that may be used in connection with securing and providing Employees with access to certain systems and applications.
(E) As permitted by law, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photographs, and information captured on security systems, including key card or other entry control systems and CCTV systems.
(F) Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Employment history, educational background and status, professional certifications, language capabilities, references, letters of recommendation and interview notes;
- Start date/orientation date, title/position, grade and department/organization, region/location, employment status, work-related contact details, training records and emergency contact information;
- Work time and payroll records, sick pay/days, records of work absences, vacation entitlement and requests, performance appraisals and disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Date of hire, date of resignation or termination, reason for resignation or termination and other information relating to termination of employment; and
- Information collected in connection with taxation (such as information collected via standard tax forms) and verifying your right to work in the United States.
(G) Results from wellness and temperature checks (including body temperature) conducted for the purposes of responding to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Purposes for which these categories of information are collected
The Company may use your information for the following purposes:
To perform our operational purposes as an employer, which includes:
- Staffing and workforce management purposes, including recruitment, onboarding, training and development, scheduling and workforce planning, vacation management, performance management, succession planning and termination;
- Compensation, payroll, tax, insurance, pension and benefit planning and administration;
- Administration and maintenance of our occupational health plans, including work-related injury and illness recording obligations;
- Monitoring and protecting the security and use of our networks, communications and systems, offices and facilities, reports, property and infrastructure; detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; and debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Ensuring business continuity; and
- Communicating with Employees, conducting Employee surveys, and other similar HR initiatives, including for measuring Employee engagement.
To comply with legal obligations or in connection with legal claims, which includes:
- Compliance with the Company’s policies and legal obligations;
- Protecting the health and safety of Employees and others; and safeguarding and maintaining the security of our premises, assets and IT systems and infrastructure;
- Compliance with record-keeping and reporting obligations;
- Compliance with a civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state or local authorities;
- Cooperation with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that may violate federal, state or local law; and
- Establishing, exercising or defending against legal claims.
If the Company uses your personal information for a purpose that is not listed above or uses your personal information for a new purpose, the Company will directly notify you of the new use or new business purpose and will provide you with a new notice.
- How to contact us
Phone: (209) 938-1278
If you cannot access this form due to a disability, please contact the Company to request this notice in an alternative format.