- Turn on the Chrome device and follow the onscreen instructions until you see the sign on screen. Don’t sign in yet.
- Before signing in to the Chrome device, press Ctrl+Alt+E to go to the enrollment screen.
- Enter the username and password.
password: same password.
- Click Enroll device. You’ll receive a confirmation message that the device has been successfully enrolled.
- Click Done to return to the sign-in screen, where you’ll see “This device is managed by mcdsjc.co” at the bottom.
- Turn off the Chromebox and connect the USB keyboard.
- Put a paperclip (or pushpin) into the recovery button hole.
- Press down the recovery button with a paperclip while turning on the device.
- The device displays a yellow exclamation point. Press Ctrl + D on the attached USB keyboard.
- Press the recovery button with the paperclip again. The device reboots and displays a red exclamation point.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebox reboots and starts the transition to developer mode. This clears all local data and takes approximately 10 minutes.
- After start-up – as indicated on the screen – press the Spacebar, and then press Enter to reboot the device and return to verified mode.
- Now re-enroll the Chromebox according to the setup instructions.